This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) walk-in blood test clinic - closing - with effect from 28th September 2018. For up to date locations for walk-in blood tests and also pre-bookable blood tests - please click here Community Phlebotomy services in Bromley 

Practice Policies

Confidentiality & Medical Records

Locked blue folderThe practice complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:

  • To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services.
  • To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent.
  • When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care.

If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.

Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the medical staff.

We will be using a clinical software tool to analyse securely held paient data to help us to identify patients with complex health needs who are most "at risk".  This means we will only use existing patient data.  This data will not be shared outside of the GP practice and will be uesd soley to prioritise and improve the care and treatment that we offer to our patients.

Freedom of Information

Information about the General Practioners and the practice required for disclosure under this act can be made available to the public. All requests for such information should be made to the practice manager.

Access to Records

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Access to Health Records Act, patients may request to see their medical records. Such requests should be made through the practice manager and may be subject to an administration charge. No information will be released without the patient consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.

‘As well as booking & cancelling your appointments and ordering your medications online, you can now also view  our medical record. Please read the information sheet below. If you would like to sign up for access please print the registration form, complete it and bring it to the practice. You need to bring the form in in person along with 2 forms of ID (one with your address and another with your photo) so that we can verify your identity and keep your records safe. If you have any questions, please contact the Office Manager for more information’

 Online Proxy Consent

Online Record Access

Online Registration


Customer service formWe make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager who will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available regarding the complaints procedure from reception.




Crown Medical Centre

3 Mackintosh Street, Bromley

Kent. BR2 9GT





This leaflet explains what to do if you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from anyone working in this practice


 Please ask to speak to the Practice Manager, Katie Mitchell as soon as possible so that we can establish what happened easily, before the memory of events fades. We would ask you to be very clear about the incident which created the problem, and would appreciate the fullest possible details. In the event that the Practice Manager is away at the time of a complaint, Dr Asha Chagarlamudi will deputise for her as overseeing partner.


If it is not possible to contact us quickly because the problem is not immediately obvious, please let us have the details:

          within 12 months of the incident or

          within 12 months of discovering a problem provided this is within 12 months of the incident


We will listen to what you have to say and may give you an immediate explanation or apology if it is appropriate and to your satisfaction. We aim to resolve your concern within one working day.


If you prefer, you may contact the Practice Manager in writing. We will respond within three working days of your letter being received at the surgery, and again this may be a simple explanation or apology.


If further investigation is required, we will carry this out and respond within an agreed timetable of either your first meeting, or the date of our letter acknowledging your original correspondence. If the investigation takes longer than anticipated or we require additional information from you to help us, we will keep you informed of timescales. 


Our investigations will not only look at what went wrong, but what we can do to prevent it happening again. Many of your complaints or suggestions have already been helpful in providing opportunities for us and you to explain in more detail the "what", "how" and "why" we do things, or simply to say sorry!


If after investigation you are still unhappy with the outcome, you may request a meeting with the Practice Manager. A date will be offered within a further 15 working days of your request being received for such a meeting. If the complaint is associated with a specific member of staff you may wish that member of staff also be present at the meeting. This request must be made at the same time as you ask for the meeting to be arranged.


We believe that this procedure gives us the best chance of resolving problems and improving our practice. However it does not affect your right to an independent review at the end of this "local resolution" if you still feel concerned.  You may contact Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

0345 015 4033

Helpline is open 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday


Fax: 0300 061 4000



Your application must be received within 28 days from the date of the letter from the practice completing the "local resolution" process.




  1. The Practice Manager has full responsibility to deal with any suggestion or complaint. A doctor will only become involved in a complaint of a purely clinical nature when we will nominate whichever partner we consider to be most appropriate to the individual situation.
  2. We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we will require their written permission for you to do so.


The above procedures meet national criteria August 2015





Why make a complaint?

As commissioners it is our priority to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality care in line with best clinical practice. However, sometimes things can go wrong and you may not be happy with the treatment or service you, or a person close to you, has received or about the decisions related to commissioning of services.


Who can I talk to about my concerns?

In the majority of cases the best way to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible is with the front-line staff of the service or organisation you are complaining about.


It is helpful if the NHS organisation/primary care practitioner providing the service is made aware of your concerns as they may be able to sort these out to your satisfaction at the time. You can do this immediately by speaking to a member of staff in that organisation.


Where the complaint is complex or you wish for a more considered approach to be taken you will be directed to the Complaints Officer of that organisation for advice and information.


Some organisations have a PALS service. If you are not happy about something but you do not want to make a complaint immediately you can speak to the PALS team who will listen to what you have to say and try to resolve your concerns quickly.  If they cannot help you they will point you in the right direction to make sure that you can voice your concerns. The CCG does not have a PALS service.


What happens if I am still not satisfied?

If you feel that attempts at local resolution have not resolved your concerns you have the right to make a complaint.


Before you make a complaint it is important to think about what you want to happen as a result of your complaint and to make it clear what outcomes you are expecting at the outset.  

For example, you may want:

  • an apology
  • an explanation
  • changes or improvements made
  • to make sure people recognise their mistakes
  • to make sure the same thing does not happen again.

You can use the NHS Complaints Procedure to complain about anything to do with services that an NHS hospital, community health service, mental health service or primary care practitioner (for example, GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacist) has provided.

When you have a complaint about more than one organisation it is agreed who will take the lead on investigating your complaint and organisations work together to provide you with a single response from all services involved.

We can also assure you that making a complaint will not adversely affect your treatment and care.

Who can complain?

Anyone who is receiving/has received treatment/care from an NHS organisation or Primary Care provider. You can also complain on behalf of someone else if you have their permission to do so in writing.

 What is the time limit for making a complaint?

You should normally complain within 12 months of the event, or within12 months of becoming aware that you have something to complain about. It is sometimes possible to extend this time limit if there are good reasons why you could not complain earlier.

How do I go about making a complaint?

You can make a complaint verbally, in writing or via email directly to the service provider. Alternatively, from 1st April 2013 if you have a complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacy or optician that can’t be resolved locally you can contact NHS England (formerly the National Commissioning Board ) or, if your complaint is about the commissioning of services please contact Bromley CCG.

However NHS England and the CCG are usually unable to look into your concerns without information from the service provider so you will be asked for permission to liaise with the provider.


Who do I contact?

NHS England:

Phone: 0300 311 22 33

NHS England, PO Box 16738

Redditch, B97 9PT


Bromley CCG Complaints Officer:

NHS Bromley CCG, 1st Floor, Beckenham Beacon, 379 Croydon Road Beckenham, BR3 3QL

Phone: 01689 866 544



South London Healthcare Trust:

Emergency & Specialist medicine

Kathy Cooper 01689 865870


Planned care

Marcianne Coggins 0208 3022678


Women, Childrens + Specialists Services Victoria Stephens 0208 083 64540

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

Chrissie Strickland


Bromley Healthcare Community Services

Phone: 01689 866544

When will I hear?

Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt. This may be by telephone or in writing.  Arrangements will be made to contact you to discuss how you would like your complaint to be handled.  It is therefore very helpful if you could provide a daytime telephone number. At this time the timescale for responding to your concerns will also be discussed.

What will happen about my complaint?

Your concerns will be investigated and then you will receive a reply which will aim to show that your concerns have been fully investigated. This should be in line with your agreed complaints plan and might mean receiving an apology, an explanation what changes and improvements will be made or any further action proposed.


What happens if I remain dissatisfied following the investigation?

If you are not happy with the response to your complaint you should initially discuss this with the service provider/commissioner who will look at whether anything further can be done by the organisation to address your concerns.


Once an organisation believes it has done the utmost to try to address your concerns it will be explained that local resolution is complete and you will be directed to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who will consider whether to look into your case

Their contact details are:

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower



Tel: 0345 015 4033

Fax: 0207217 4940

Textphone: 0300 061 4298


Where can I get more advice and help?


Voice ability will be providing the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service from April 1st 2013.

Address: United House, North Road, London,   N7 9DP

Helpline Number:          0300 330 5454

Text phone Number:      0786 002 2939

Fax Number:                 0330 088 3762



Will I be asked to give personal information when I make a complaint?

When you are making a complaint you will be asked to provide information about yourself or, if you are not the patient, about the patient.


This information will include details of ethnic background, age and sex. This is to make sure that service users have equal access to services and assistance. We also use this information to plan our services to meet the needs of our local community.

We will keep all information you give us confidential.


Example letter of complaint


Name and address/ Telephone number





Re: Patients name/date of birth/address


    • I am writing to complain about treatment /care services received at name of clinic/practice.

    • Details of what happened, when it happened and where. It helps to include names or titles of members of staff.

    • Details of what you want to complain about. You should do this by asking questions. For example, why did this happen? It also helps if you number the questions as you will then receive a response to each point.

  • Details of what you would like the outcome of the complaint to be. For example, an apology, improvements or an explanation.


  • If you need further information please contact xxx on xxx


Yours sincerely

Sign and print your name.



(Leaflet Published Autumn 2015)

Violence Policy

The NHS operate a zero tolerance policy with regard to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, patients and other persons. Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical violence or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a person’s safety. In this situation we will notify the patient in writing of their removal from the list and record in the patient’s medical records the fact of the removal and the circumstances leading to it.

Medical Research Data Collection

The staff at this practice record information about you and your health so that you can
receive the right care and treatment. We need to record this information, together with the
details of the care you receive, so that it is available each time we see you.
The information recorded about you may be used for reasons other than your personal
care, for example, to help to protect the health of the general public, to plan for the future,
to train staff and to carry out medical and other health research.
We are involved in research studies which require access to anonymous information from
patients’ notes. You cannot be identified from these notes as all personal details (name,
address, post code, full date of birth) are removed. Individual patients’ records are added
into a much larger anonymous database from many patients across the UK which is used
by researchers outside this practice. This data may be anonymously linked to other data,
such as hospital data.
If you would like to opt out of this data collection scheme, please let your doctor know and
your records will not be collected for use in the anonymous research database. This will
not affect your care in any way.
If anything to do with the research would require that you provide additional information
about yourself, you will be contacted by your GP to see if you are willing to take part; you
will not be identified in any published results.
You have a right of access to your health records. If at any time you would like to know
more, or have any concerns about how we use your information, please ask reception for
more details.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website